Friday, May 10, 2013

Getting Back In Wisconsin.

Yesterday was a very long day. My first flight was at 11 out of LAX, but I got dropped off super early because Puese had to work at least part or the day. Then I had a 4 and a half hour layover in Denver. I had the forethought to find a book at the airport bookstore. I was fortunate enough to find a book that I was at least wanting to read, so I didn't have to peruse too hardcore. Plus; I'd already read the first three books by Tana French, so I was happy to see they had the fourth. Despite my thinking ahead though, I didn't actually get much reading done. I cannot read on airplanes, I get this nasty motion sickness, so I was only able to read on level ground. But even then, I had a lot of phone calls to make because my few plans were falling into disarray as the day wore on. And other plans hadn't actually been made yet. After that was all sorted out, and my second flight for underway, at some point, my arrival got delayed by more than a half hour. Maybe it had something to do with the rain that fell everywhere yesterday. Either way, with yet another plan change, my cousin and her date came to collect me from the Airport. Since they were cutting a chunk out of their date for my sake, we all went back to his place and watched half a movie. In hindsight, it's all very strange. But then again; it all worked out. It was sometime around 2am that we pulled into my aunts house where I got to sleep on the couch in the living room. 

Fast forward to this morning; I can't use the bathroom. My aunt has a giant Great Dane. I mean huge. Great Danes are big dogs, and he may be the tallest one I've ever met. Last time I saw him he continuously tried to kno I me over, and I've seen evidence if the physical damage he's done to others with his mass. Well, he was blocking the downstairs bathroom. And the upstairs bathroom is basically out of Commission. So after fretting for a while I got up the courage to step over his gate and into the bathroom. To my great pleasure, he was well behaved, and only stood there go ing me funny looks as I snuck past to the bathroom. I wish I could have just gotten the whole showering thing out of the way then, but alas it was not to be. I didn't have any hair care products, and I didn't want to use anything too different from the types of products I have been using. So I got my shoes back on. (Didn't have to change as I was still wearing the same thing I'd flown in). Then I made my way down the street to make my purchases. Let me just say this; it is a bitter cold out there. The facts of the matter are, I just flew in from Southern California. I am now in southeastern Wisconsin. The temperature difference from there to the 43 degrees that is here, is drastic to my body. I'm cold. It bites. 

I found out as well, today, that I don't have to be anywhere for anyone at all. So after showering, doing my hair and makeup, wasting time, and reading some of that book I bought; I realized I hadn't eaten more than a handful of leftover trail mix, and was therefore hungry. I am now at Jimmy Johns writing this, and desperately not wanting to go back outside. It's so cold, and I don't have anything to do. I hope the rest of this trip isn't like this. Especially if I'm going to have to stay here.